- Acne is a skin condition that occurs when hair follicles are blocked with with oil and dead skin cells.
- In Ayurveda, acne is referred to as ‘Yauvan Pidika,’ and is believed to be a manifestation of an aggravated Pitta dosha.
- Acne is said to be an aggravation of pitta dosha, which acts under the skin and leads to heated toxins, further breaking out as acne.
- Avoid spicy and fermented foods. It can aggravate pitta dosha.
- Heavily fried and sour foods should are also best avoided.
Some home remedies–
Drinking Amla juice everyday may prove to be effective in preventing acne breakouts.
Drinking cumin coriander-fennel tea is an effective way to keep the body cool and heat producing toxins at bay.
Applying melon on your skin may also help.
For more info-