- Dandruff is one of the most common hair problems faced by the millions across the globe.
- Dandruff is portions of your scalp that chip off gradually upon drying.
- They are caused due to cells underneath the skin that have a very short life.
- The scalp condition is caused by a fungus, called Malassezia, which feeds on sebum (the oily secretions from our scalp) and the dead skin cells, which occur naturally due to formation of new skin.
- This microbial activity is a normal phenomenon; the problem occurs when the fungus aggressively feeds on sebum, leading to irritated scalp.
Some of the home remedies-
Paste of Neem leaves.
Egg white and lime juice.
Paste of Amla powder in water.
Fenugreek or Methi seeds.
Amla, reetha (soap nut) and shikakai acacia concinna.
For more info-