- Most intelligent disciple among 6 disciples of Punarvashu Atreya.
- S/O- Devadatta.
- Other names- Hutasa, Hutasavesa, Vahnivesha.
- Incarnation of god Agni.
- Time period :- Between period of Atharvaveda(1500 BC) and Panini(700 BC) i.e. around 1000 year BC.
- Work of Agnivesha:-
- It is divided in to 8 divisions(sthanas) and contains 120 chapters having 12000 verses.
- Eight divisions(sthanas) of Agnivesha Tantra are Sutra, Nidana, Vimana, Shareera, Indriya, Chikitsa, Kalpa and Siddhi sthanas.
- Out of 120 chapters, 41 chapters were lost from Agnivesha Tantra ( 17 from chikitsa sthana, 12 from kalpa sthana and 12 from siddhi sthana)
Anjana Nidana –A treatise on diseases of the eye.
Nidana sthana- A book on pathology.
Some formulations in Gadanigraha in the name of Agnivesha –