- Ahead of the International Yoga Day on June 21, the AYUSH ministry has launched a mobile application to enable people locate yoga events and centres providing training. The users will also be able to look for certified yoga instructors, a senior AYUSH ministry official said.
- According to him, ‘yoga locator’- a map-based location app – will also enable yoga instructors to register themselves and reach out to a maximum number of people.
- The app ‘yoga locator’ will help to locate yoga centres as well as yoga instructors within the preferred radius of their vicinity.
- It will give information about yoga activities happening in the vicinity throughout the year.
- Unofficially, there are more than two lakh yoga instructors in the country and it will enable them to enrol themselves.
- The International Yoga Day will be celebrated on June 21 across the globe and the AYUSH ministry has shortlisted five cities — Delhi, Shimla, Mysore, Ahmedabad and Ranchi — for holding the main function this year.
Courtesy :- PTI